About the Manual QA Specialist role:
We are looking for passionate and goal-driven individuals to join the team as we grow and expand across the globe. The QA Specialist will be in charge of testing new features and ensure they are delivered on time with the highest quality. We are a growing team across the globe and you will need to be comfortable working in an agile, remote, and fast-paced environment. You will be working with the Appvales team of experienced Project managers, Software Developers, UI/UX Designers, ensuring that we are able to effectively deliver top-notch services to our esteemed clients.
Appvales is a mobile development partner that helps top-notched startups from all over the world design, build, test and deploy apps. We are a Mobile Development boutique involving the best engineers and managers making the future together with our clients.
Our mission is to bring offshore mobile development services to the next level by creating business-integrated product teams. Leveraging our versatile and experienced mobile developers, we build IOS and Android applications for clients worldwide. At Appvales, our employees are, without exception, the essential part of our business. Our culture is a flexible work environment, and we are not just a workplace but an evolving team growing into a family- creating a friendly and fun work environment for our remote employees.
What will you do:
- Define quality metrics and implement measurements to determine the test effectiveness, testing efficiency, and measure the overall quality of the software development process.
- Identify bugs, troubleshoot with engineers, and write detailed steps to reproduce them
- Gain a deep understanding of how Appvales products work from both a user perspective and a code perspective
- Apply validation criteria in addition to verification criteria to our products
- Work with Project Managers, Developers, UI/UX Designers to understand the technical architecture and derive test strategy that spans across multiple products and core functional areas.
- Help writing test plans, test cases, and provide suggestions in improving the QA processes.
- Ensure Appvales products meet high standards of quality, performance, and reliability.
- Tackle engineering challenges and contribute innovative ideas to the engineering teams.
- Approve the release of scheduled production deploys
- Build out various types of test suites for our products.
- Ensures adequate project documentation is created on all projects
- Perform regression testing when bugs are resolved
Required competency and skill set:
- 2-4 years of experience delivering test frameworks, test tools, leading the QA projects and initiatives.
- Sound knowledge of software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, and testing.
- Technical background and familiarity with software engineering.
- Experience in cross-platform QA (i.e., Web, Android, iOS).
- Experience working with Jira in an agile environment.
- Previous experience working with cross-functional teams (e.g., engineering, design, project, etc.).
- Good knowledge of performing end-to-end testing that spans multiple products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good leadership and team management skills.
- A track record of successfully working autonomously and with teams.
- Good creative thinking, Problem-solving, and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to resolve and escalate scope-related issues promptly.
Please click the Application button above to get started.